A round-trip flight to Charleston can be a great deal if you do your research. Many different airlines are flying to the city, and prices change depending on the day of the week and month of the year you travel. If you are looking for cheap flights to Charleston then this article will help you find them!
Charleston is the oldest and largest city in the state of South Carolina. It is the second-largest seaport in the southeastern United States, after Jacksonville, Florida. The city was founded in 1670 as Charles Town at Albemarle Point on the west bank of the Ashley River near its confluence with the Cooper River. The city grew to become a major port for exporting agricultural goods throughout British North America and beyond.
Top Places to Visit in Charleston
- The Market: The Charleston City Market is a city institution and an important part of any trip to the Holy City. Founded in 1788, it’s the oldest continuously operating public market in the United States. It’s also one of those places that visitors flock to for its delicious food vendors—and good reason. We recommend trying a slice from Pie Heaven or getting some fried chicken from Sullivan’s Steakhouse & Tavern (but don’t miss out on their cheese grits either).
- Waterfront Park: If you’re interested in learning more about Charleston’s history and culture, then you should check out Waterfront Park for some interactive exhibits like “The Confederate Naval Yard” and “Charleston Fire Museum.” There are also gorgeous views from this park where you can take in views of Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie while enjoying live music or watching street performers perform acrobatics on stilts!
- Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina: Located right on the water with views of Fort Sumter across the harbor, this resort offers guests everything they need to make their stay comfortable including two pools with cabanas available upon request as well as restaurants just steps away from each other so everyone can eat together without having to get dressed up too much if they don’t want too (and we all know how difficult it can be sometimes when traveling). Plus there are activities such as kayaking or paddle boarding available during certain hours each day so even though our favorite activity would probably still be relaxing by ourselves reading books under trees instead..
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Charleston
- Check for deals in the off-season
- Search for a deal on a Tuesday or Wednesday
- Look for discounts on holidays and weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Consider booking a trip mid-week
Top 5 airlines flying to Charleston
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Charleston?
The most important thing to keep in mind when looking for the best time to fly is that you want to find flights that are as cheap as possible. If you can do this during the week, great! However, if you want to take advantage of weekend travel specials, no worries!
The best day to fly is midweek (Monday through Thursday). This will allow you more flexibility with your schedule and save some money on airfare overall.
Is there any direct flight to Charleston?
If you want to fly direct, the cheapest day of the week to fly is on a Tuesday and the cheapest month to fly is in January. If you’re looking for cheap flights to Charleston, we recommend checking flights on a Thursday or Saturday for maximum savings.
How much does it cost for a round trip to Charleston?
The round-trip cost of a flight is the total price of flying to and from your destination. In most cases, this will be cheaper than two one-way flights.
However, you may find that your round-trip cost is more expensive than a single flight if you’re flying on certain airlines or during certain times of the year.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Charleston?
The best time to book a round-trip flight to Charleston is in January, as the average price is currently $134. In this month, you can get an average of 4 hours and 16 minutes of flight time. If your ideal trip duration is less than that, we recommend booking an earlier flight.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to visit Charleston during the high season (April through October) when there are more people and higher prices, consider booking later flights so that you can avoid crowds.
What airport is the cheapest to fly to Charleston?
If you’re flying into Charleston, South Carolina, you’ll be landing at one of the city’s four airports:
- Charleston International Airport (CHS)
- Charleston Executive Airport (CRX)
- Charleston Yeager Airport (CRW)
- Downtown Heliport (CHT)
Or if you’re traveling as part of an official military mission, you’ll be touching down at the Air Force Base.