Fly round trip to Sacramento with RoundTripsFlight. Book your next flight to Sacramento, and get there in no time. With our convenient booking process, you can book your next vacation or business trip to Sacramento in a few clicks. If you need help finding the best flight options for your trip to Sacramento, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect flight to Sacramento for your needs.
Sacramento, California is a city located in the state’s central-west region. It served as the capital of California from 1854 to 1858 and again from 1872 to 1963.
The city proper has more than 500,000 residents and is part of the Sacramento metropolitan area which includes neighboring cities such as Elk Grove and Citrus Heights. The region also includes surrounding suburbs with a population of 2 million people.
The average temperature during summer is between 84°F (29°C) and 101°F (38°C). In winter it drops to 70°F (21°C) at night but can go up to 82°F during daytime hours.
Sacramento is a great place to visit and can be quite affordable if you plan your trip correctly. The best thing about Sacramento is that there are many different ways of getting there, whether it’s by plane or train!
Top Cities to Visit in Sacramento
The capital of California, Sacramento is a popular destination for those looking to visit the state’s capital city. Known as the “City of Trees,” it’s also home to several annual festivals and events such as the California State Fair and Cal Expo Fairgrounds.
One can easily spend a week or more exploring all that Sacramento has to offer. From its many parks and museums to its bustling nightlife scene, there are plenty of ways you can plan your trip around this incredible city!
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sacramento
There are a few things you can do to ensure you get the best deal on airfare to Sacramento.
- Book in advance: The earlier you book your flight, the cheaper it will be. Many airlines release their lowest fares early in the week and then increase them closer to the departure date, so if you get your trip planned as soon as possible, chances are better that you’ll find discounted tickets.
- Book on Tuesday or Wednesday: If Tuesday or Wednesday is not available for travel, try flying out on Thursday morning instead of Friday morning and save some cash! Check out our tips for finding cheap round-trip flights!
- Use flexible travel dates when searching for deals: If possible, don’t limit yourself to just one specific day of the week—booking with a “flexible” schedule can sometimes lead to lower fares than booking exactly when needed (i.e., leaving Monday rather than Sunday).
Top 5 airlines flying to Sacramento
Keep in mind that airlines tend to have different baggage policies, so you’ll have to check with each one.
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
The cheapest day of the week to fly to Sacramento is Monday, with fares starting at $241. Flights on Monday are 4% cheaper than the average price for a flight to Sacramento.
The most expensive day of the week to fly to Sacramento is Tuesday, with fares starting at $260. Flights on Saturday are 9% more expensive than flights on Sunday and 6% less expensive than flights on Monday.
There are no direct flights to Sacramento. The best way to find cheap flights is by searching for a flight with a layover in Sacramento and then clicking the “Direct Flights Only” box in your search results.
The best time of year for cheap flights is during the summer and early fall (May – October). We recommend that you avoid traveling during winter because it’s cold and rainy most days, plus there aren’t any good deals on airfare during that time.
The cheapest month to fly is usually September or October, but prices can drop as low as $50 if you book two months ahead of your departure date!
Here are the fares we compiled for round-trip flights to Sacramento:
- FlightAware: $190 – $200 for a basic economy ticket and about $275 for an exit row seat.
- Kayak: $189-$199 for a basic economy ticket, but only if you fly on JetBlue or United. If you want to fly any other airline, it goes up to $220-$230. Exit row seats cost between $429 and $589, depending on when you book your flight (the closer it is, the more expensive they get).
- Orbitz: Flights range from around $160-200 one way depending on which airline is offering them at that time; round trips are slightly higher—just under $300 each way (so around 600 total). They also include taxes and fees in their price estimate so there’s no need to add those to your total cost (unlike some other websites).
The best time to fly to Sacramento is in January when the weather is mild and there is no chance of snow. The least expensive day of the week to fly to Sacramento is Sunday; it’s also a great day if you’re trying to avoid crowds, as many people are at home with their families. On average, Friday is the most expensive day of the week for flights from Washington DC (WAS) to Sacramento, CA (SMF).
The Sacramento International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Sacramento, California. It is located about six miles east of downtown Sacramento and serves more than 10 million passengers each year. It has two runways and an area of 1,719 acres.
The airport is served by several major airlines including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, and Alaska Airlines. The airport also offers free parking for short-term parking as well as long-term parking options that include regular daily rates in addition to monthly passes for frequent travelers who park there regularly.