Fly round trip to South Carolina with RoundTripsFlight. Book your next flight to South Carolina, and get there in no time. With our convenient booking process, you can book your next vacation or business trip to South Carolina in a few clicks. If you need help finding the best flight options for your trip to South Carolina, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect flight to South Carolina for your needs.
About South Carolina
South Carolina is a state located in the southeastern United States. The state is bordered to the north by North Carolina, to the south and west by Georgia, across the Savannah River, and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean.
South Carolina was named after King Charles II of England; Carolus is Latin for “Charles”. It was first colonized by Europeans at Berkeley Plantation on July 18, 1670. It became a royal colony in 1719 when it was split off from North Carolina (the southern part). Charleston was established as America’s first permanent settlement under a royal charter in 1670.
Looking for the cheapest flights to South Carolina? You’re in the right place!
Top Places to Visit in South Carolina
- Charleston, SC – The historic city of Charleston is a must-visit. Home to some of the best restaurants in the country and many beautiful museums, it’s also a great place for foodies and travelers alike. When you’re not eating at an amazing restaurant or touring the historic district, there are plenty of things for families to do in Charleston including taking a tour on an old-fashioned paddle wheeler that goes up and down in front of City Hall or exploring Fort Sumter National Monument where you can see what life was like during Civil War times.
- Columbia, SC – If you’re looking for something more outdoorsy than Charleston then Columbia is your next stop! The capital city offers visitors great shopping opportunities as well as some fun festivals such as their annual Fall Festival where they celebrate all things fall with live music performances by local musicians and artists while they enjoy fresh apples thrown from one side of Main Street Park (the place where all this fun takes place) to another!
- Greenville/Spartanburg Area – Known locally as “Upstate South Carolina”, this area offers many unique sights including waterfalls found along hiking trails located near Asheville North Carolina which makes these two towns perfect places to spend your entire vacation because it’ll give everyone something exciting do every day!
Top tips for finding cheap flights to South Carolina
If you’re looking for the best flight deals, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First of all, check the airline’s website directly. Most airlines have a dedicated page for finding cheap flights or low-cost tickets on their flights. Also, make sure to check sites like Kayak and Skyscanner that aggregate cheap flight prices from multiple sources into one list so that you can compare them side by side.
Another tip is to plan early! It may seem strange at first glance but booking in advance could save you money because airlines start discounting as soon as they know how full their planes will be (this isn’t always obvious). Also, look out for sales! Airlines often offer special round-trip tickets during certain periods throughout the year so keep an eye out and book your tickets quickly if you see something tempting popping up on the screen!
Lastly, consider booking a direct flight versus flying with one stopover (you’ll be saving more than $200 if you do take this route!).
Top 5 airlines flying to South Carolina
Southwest Airlines (www.southwest.com) is a major airline that provides low-cost flights to many destinations around the U.S., Mexico, and Central America. This airline offers some of the lowest airfares in the industry but has been known for its friendly staff, on-time performance statistics, and convenient flight schedules.
United Airlines (www.unitedairlines.com) is another major airline that flies to many destinations around North America as well as international locations such as Asia and Europe. While United might not offer the same low fares as Southwest or Spirit Airlines (which we’ll talk about next), they do have an extensive route network that covers both domestic and international travel requirements so it’s worth checking out if you’re looking for flights within South Carolina or elsewhere in your region!
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve analyzed our data and determined that the cheapest day of the week to fly to South Carolina is Monday. The least expensive time of day to fly is early morning. In terms of overall price, Saturday was found to be the most affordable (on average, $314 less than any other day). Friday tends to be the most expensive day for domestic travel in South Carolina.
For the best travel experience, it’s best to take a direct flight. Direct flights are typically shorter than connecting flights and often less expensive. If you have time constraints, this is also a good option because they usually arrive on time.
Direct flights from Washington D.C., New York City, or Los Angeles provide the most convenient way of getting to South Carolina because they connect through major airports like Charlotte Douglas International Airport in North Carolina.
Round-trip flights to South Carolina can be found for as low as $145 round trip when flying from most cities in the United States. The cheapest month to fly to South Carolina in September, with an average round-trip flight costing $145. The cheapest day of the week to fly from your city is Saturday, with an average price of $145 on that day.
The most popular airport when flying is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
The cheapest month to fly to South Carolina is January, with an average flight cost of $225. However, the most expensive month is July, at $381. Between these two times, there is a large difference in price for round-trip flights from New York City to South Carolina.
Most direct flights between NYC and SC aren’t available until after 7:30 pm PST on Sunday evenings or before 3 pm EST on Monday mornings.
- Charleston International Airport
- Myrtle Beach International Airport
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport