Round Trip Flights To South Dakota
Fly round trip to South Dakota with RoundTripsFlight. Book your next flight to South Dakota, and get there in no time. With our convenient booking process, you can book your next vacation or business trip to South Dakota in a few clicks. If you need help finding the best flight options for your trip to South Dakota, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect flight to South Dakota for your needs.
South Dakota is an amazing state, but it can be difficult to find cheap flights there. We will help you find the cheapest airlines and dates to fly into and out of South Dakota.
About South Dakota
South Dakota is the 40th largest state in the United States, with an area of 70,443 square miles. It has a population of about 844,180 people and a capital city called Pierre. The largest city is Sioux Falls.
The name South Dakota comes from Sioux words meaning “south” and “friends.”
Top Places to Visit in South Dakota
Whether you’re going to South Dakota for the wildlife and nature or looking for a place to take in some of the country’s most iconic landmarks and sites, there’s something for everyone. Here are some must-see places in South Dakota:
- Badlands National Park: Located on the western edge of the state, this park features numerous hiking trails as well as an abundance of bison, coyotes, and other wildlife.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial: This site is home to five sculptures carved into stone featuring George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt among others.
- Black Hills National Forest: The forest features 27 different campgrounds with varying amenities including cottages or cabins available for rent. It also has more than 80 miles of hiking trails as well as dozens upon dozens of lakes within its boundaries
Top tips for finding cheap flights to South Dakota
As you plan your trip, keep these tips in mind:
- Check the price of a flight before booking. Airlines often offer discounts on one-way flights that aren’t available if you book round-trip tickets. You can also save money by purchasing your ticket at least seven days in advance and selecting a seat with extra legroom—but keep in mind that these options may be more expensive than other tickets booked later.
- Book in advance. A lot can change between now and when you leave on your trip to South Dakota, so try to book as soon as possible for better rates on airfare and hotels. If possible, look for deals around holidays or special events like an art festival or rodeo so that you’re not paying full price for rooms and attractions while there!
Top 5 airlines flying to South Dakota
If you’re flying to South Dakota, there are many options. The top 5 airlines are:
- Southwest Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to South Dakota?
When it comes to flight costs, Monday is the most expensive day to fly. The cheapest days are Sunday and Wednesday, with Saturday and Friday being the most popular days to fly. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the most common days for flight prices to fluctuate, so if you have flexibility in your travel dates then this could save you money on your trip.
The best time of year to visit South Dakota is during autumn (September – November) when seasonal temperature averages are at their lowest and snowfall is minimal.
Is there any direct flight to South Dakota?
No, there are no direct flights to South Dakota. However, you may be able to find a one-stop service if your itinerary can connect through a hub airport on the way to South Dakota. The most popular hub airports include Chicago O’Hare, Denver International, and Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP).
How much does it cost for a round trip to South Dakota?
Round-trip flights to South Dakota can be expensive, but it’s possible to save a lot of money on your round-trip flight if you’re willing to plan far in advance. For example, if you book your flight for this weekend or next week (less than 7 days from now), the average price is $1,450. If you wait until three weeks before travel and book your ticket then, prices average out at $1,150—that’s over $300 less!
If you’re more flexible with when you travel and are looking for an affordable ticket that won’t break the bank right away, consider flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday instead. In general, these days tend to be cheaper than other times of the week; however, there are some exceptions like summertime when airlines often offer extra discounts during peak travel seasons such as Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend (May 27th – 31st).
What month is the cheapest to fly to South Dakota?
The best time to book flights to South Dakota is 30 days before departure. March and April are the cheapest months to fly with an average round-trip ticket price of $354. The most expensive month is September, followed by October.
What airport is the cheapest to fly to South Dakota?
If you’re looking for cheap flights to any of the cities in South Dakota, we have some good news for you: several airports offer low fares. The cheapest airports to fly into include Casper, Watertown, Huron, Rapid City Regional Airport, and Sioux Falls Regional Airport.