Batesville, Arkansas is the perfect place to visit for a relaxing weekend getaway. It’s a small town that has a lot of history and beautiful scenery that you can experience without having to travel far from home. Whether you’re looking for something fun to do with your family or want to enjoy some time alone with your significant other, Batesville has everything you need! Here are 14 things we recommend doing while in town:
The Museum of the Arkansas Grand Prairie
The Museum of the Arkansas Grand Prairie is a great place to learn more about the history of Batesville and the area. The museum is located in the historic courthouse and offers a wide variety of exhibits, including ones on local history, art, military life, and more. In addition to its permanent collection, which includes artifacts from early settlers to modern-day residents who lived on farms near Batesville, visitors will find frequent lectures and workshops hosted by experts in their field.
Old Independence Region Museum
The Old Independence Region Museum is a great place to learn more about the local history of Batesville. The museum is located in the old fire station and has many interesting exhibits, such as a replica of an old-fashioned train car, which was used on a railroad that passed through Batesville. It also features smaller items like antique toys and clothing. It’s free to visit!
Ozark Folk Center State Park
If you enjoy history and want to learn more about the Ozarks, the Ozark Folk Center State Park is a great place to visit. The park has a museum that preserves the cultural heritage of southern Missouri. It also offers camping facilities, hiking trails, and an arboretum with over 200 species of trees and shrubs. If you are interested in craftsmanship or arts and crafts, you might be interested in checking out what they have available at their gift shop!
Batesville Country Club
The Batesville Country Club is a popular place to go for golfers and non-golfers alike. Located on the south side of town, it has a golf course, swimming pool, and restaurant/bar. The club is open to the public and hosts many events throughout the year.
- Lyon College, located in Batesville, is a private liberal arts college founded in 1872 as Lyon University by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
- In 2007 the college purchased nearby land for its new campus to accommodate expanding enrollment and academic programs. The school became known as Lyon College beginning with its 2008-2009 academic year.
The Hub Valley Resort
This is a great place to stay and relax, with beautiful views of the White River. It has a restaurant, bar, and outdoor fireplace for you to enjoy. You can swim in their heated pool or enjoy one of their many activities including golfing or fishing. The Hub Valley Resort is located on Highway 25 South at 4942 Highway 25 South in Batesville, AR 72501
Lock and Dam Park
Located on the Arkansas River, Lock and Dam Park is a scenic spot to paddle around in a canoe or kayak. You can launch your boat at the park, which also has picnic tables, a playground, and a swimming area.
Southside Park is a great place to go fishing. The park has picnic tables and a playground, making it a nice place for the whole family. In addition, Southside Park offers hiking trails for you and your friends to explore. You’ll also be able to see beautiful bird life at Southside Park!
White River Fish Market & Restaurant
- Location: 210 White River Blvd., Batesville, IN 47006
- Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday through Saturday; 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Sunday
- Menu: Check out the full menu here and call (877) 639-3474 to place your order today!
- Specials: None at this time, but check back soon for updates!
The White River Fish Market & Restaurant is one of our favorite places to eat in Batesville; they have fresh fish are flown in daily from around the world, as well as an impressive selection of shrimp, crab legs, oysters, and more (in case you’re not into fish). If you’re looking for something different than burgers and wings for dinner tonight—or any night—we highly recommend stopping by this fantastic restaurant that’s easily accessible from Interstate 65 in the heart of Batesville’s historic district!
Riverside Barber Shop and Salon
Riverside Barber Shop and Salon is a great place to get your hair cut. They offer a wide variety of services, including men’s haircuts, women’s haircuts, beard trims, hot lather shaves, and color services. Riverside Barber Shop is open on Saturdays which makes it convenient for those who work during the week or have other commitments over the weekend. Additionally, they have an excellent reputation among their customers in Batesville. If you’re looking for somewhere reliable to go for your next haircut or shave look no further than Riverside Barber Shop & Salon!
Batesville Historic District
The Batesville Historic District is a historic district in Batesville, Arkansas. It includes more than 70 properties, including houses, churches, schools, and commercial buildings. The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The district includes most of the town’s major civic and commercial buildings as well as homes built between 1820 and 1940. Because of this wide period, many architectural styles are present within the district. Some newer commercial buildings have been added since its inception but they have been designed to blend into their surroundings.
Ouachita National Forest / Mount Olivet Cemetery / White River Wildlife Refuge
- Ouachita National Forest: Located just outside of Batesville, this Ozark forest is home to hiking trails and campgrounds. The Grotto Falls Trail is a popular path for hikers and trail runners as it winds through the forest’s scenic landscape. There are also numerous options for mountain biking in the area, including the Buffalo River Trail which takes riders along one of Arkansas’ most popular rivers.
- Mount Olivet Cemetery: This historic cemetery is home to many Civil War veterans as well as prominent figures from Batesville’s past such as artist William H. Dunsmore who was responsible for creating some of America’s most famous paintings during his lifetime (including “The Last Stand”).
- White River Wildlife Refuge: This refuge offers visitors opportunities to watch animals like bears, deer, and bald eagles in their natural habitats while also providing educational experiences about wildlife management practices used across America today
Batesville Boxing Club and Ghost Town Mx Grand Prix Track
Batesville Boxing Club and Ghost Town Mx Grand Prix Track:
106 South B Street, Batesville, AR 72501
Hours of Operation: 8 AM to 9 PM
Cost of Admission: $20 per vehicle; $5 for motorcycle riders; Free for spectators. The spectator fee may be paid at the gate. Ages 12 and up are allowed on track. New riders must complete an orientation course before participating in any races or events on track grounds. There are no age restrictions for BMX bikes, motocross bikes, or dirt bikes (all must have helmets).
Here are some of the things to do in Batesville.
If you’re interested in exploring the area, here’s a list of attractions:
- The Ozark Heritage Museum
- The Stumptown Trailhead
- Silver Creek Falls Park & Campground
- Lake Norwood Recreation Area / Lake Norwood RV Resort & Marina / Blue River Resort & Marina / Riverside Resort Campground * Onyx Falls Waterpark (seasonal) * Sulphur Springs Park & Campground * Riverside Park Nature Center and Aquatic Center (seasonal)
The City of Batesville is a great place to visit. From museums, parks, and trails to local businesses, the city has something for everyone. If you are looking for something fun to do or want a place that offers plenty of activities all year long then consider visiting this charming community!