Jacksonville, Florida is a great city to visit. There are many attractions, events, and activities that you can do while visiting Jacksonville. Whether it is a family trip or just with your friends, Jacksonville has plenty of entertainment for everyone who comes here. Here are some fun things to do in Jacksonville:
United States Naval Museum
The United States Naval Museum is a must-see for military history buffs. The museum commemorates the U.S. Navy’s service during both world wars and Vietnam, with an exhibit of uniforms, weapons, and memorabilia from each era. You’ll also find exhibits on submarines and aviation; a gallery devoted to naval heroics; a touching tribute to Medal of Honor recipients; and a tour of USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park that’s located across the street from the museum (for more information, see our recommendations below).
The museum has interactive exhibits where kids can try their hand at becoming an officer or sailor in training—a great activity for families with children! There’s also an IMAX theater showing films about military life as well as films about pirates (read: Disney’s Pirates Of The Caribbean). Food options include quick bites at their snack bar or sit-down meals at their Catamount Cafe restaurant next door; this cafe is named after the original name for what was then Jacksonville when it was founded by General Andrew Jackson in 1819: “Jacksonville.”
The Jacksonville Jaguars are the NFL team in Jacksonville, Florida. They play at TIAA Bank Field, which is located on the north end of the downtown area. The stadium seats about 70,000 fans and has won multiple awards for being one of the best stadiums in football.
The Jaguars have only been around since 1995, but they have already made some history by winning their first Super Bowl in January 2016 against Tom Brady’s New England Patriots. The Jags also have some other impressive stats: they’ve never lost a home game during the playoffs and they’ve only been shut out once during the regular season (that was back in 2008).
All this success comes despite having never won a division title or played in an AFC Championship Game!
Little Talbot Island State Park
Little Talbot Island State Park is a great place to see wildlife. The park has cabins, campsites, and a beach for you to enjoy. If you love fishing and swimming, this is the place for you! Little Talbot Island State Park also has a nature center with exhibits on plants and animals living in the area.
Adventure Landing Waterpark Jacksonville Beach
Adventure Landing Waterpark is the perfect place for you and your family. This waterpark has something for everyone, with rides for all ages and fun games such as archery or mini golf. You’ll never be bored at Adventure Landing Waterpark!
If you’re looking for an adventure with friends, then look no further than this Jacksonville Beach attraction! With eight different attractions to choose from, there’s something here for every group of people looking to have a good time together. Need help deciding? Here are just some of the many activities available at Adventure Landing:
- Lazy River – Float around on an inner tube while taking in stunning views of the ocean; bring your tube or rent one onsite!
- Wave Pool – Find yourself a spot in this large pool surrounded by waves; it’s sure to provide enough excitement as well as relaxation!
- Kids Area – This section features plenty of fun activities just right for children under 48 inches tall (that means everyone can play!). From climbing walls to slides that don’t require tubes (so even if someone isn’t swimming yet they can still participate), there’s plenty here that kids will love – not to mention their parents will appreciate not having to worry about their little ones falling into deeper waters where they might take longer before being noticed missing…
Riverside Arts Market
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend your weekend, head over to the Riverside Arts Market. This market is located in downtown Jacksonville and features more than 50 artists selling handmade artwork and other goods. There will also be live music, food trucks, and special events!
If you take I-10 from the south or I-95 from the north, follow exit 369A/B (Riverside Avenue). Then turn left onto Forsyth Street. The market is just a few blocks away on your right-hand side at Riverside Avenue South and Forsyth Street
St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum
The St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum is a great place to explore if you’re looking for some family fun. The lighthouse itself is the oldest in Florida, dating back to 1824, and is open to visitors. There’s even a museum dedicated to maritime history that includes exhibits on shipwrecks, sea life, and artifacts from early settlers who survived shipwrecks on this coast.
The lighthouse itself offers guided tours through its historic rooms which are decorated with period furniture and antiques; as well as an observation deck where you can get an amazing view of the surrounding area in all directions!
Avondale Shops On Park Street
The Avondale Shops On Park Street is a convenient place to stop by if you’re looking for something fun to do in Jacksonville. The shops are open until 9 p.m., so even if it’s getting late and you still haven’t found what you want, don’t worry! You can always come back tomorrow and try again. There are also plenty of places where you can grab food or drinks nearby before heading home.
Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
If you are looking for a unique wildlife experience in Jacksonville, take a trip to Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. It is located at 8200 New World Avenue, which you can easily get to by taking exit 253 off I-95 and following the signs for about four miles. The sanctuary is open daily from 9:30 am until 5 pm. There is no cost to visit and you can enjoy an interactive tour with one of their trained experts anytime during these hours.
Hanna Park Beach and Playground
Hanna Park Beach and Playground are located on the St. Johns River, which is a great place to go swimming, fishing, and boating. There are picnic areas for families to enjoy their day at the park, including canoeing and kayaking if you want to explore the river in that way! You can also rent a canoe or kayak for an hour ($4), half-day ($10), or full-day ($15). If you don’t have your boat (or prefer not to use yours on this trip), there’s a boat rental available for $40 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
Fort Caroline National Memorial
Fort Caroline National Memorial, located on the north bank of the St. Johns River, was built in the 1500s by French and Spanish colonists. It was named after Jean Ribault, a French explorer who sailed to Florida with Huguenot settlers in 1564. The fort served as an important trading post between Europeans and Native Americans until it was destroyed by Native Americans in 1565. The site has been preserved as an archaeological park and is open to visitors year-round.
Marijuana Garden of Florida
Located on the banks of the St. Johns River, this family-friendly attraction is open year-round and free to the public. The garden is located adjacent to Jacksonville Landing, a shopping and entertainment complex with dozens of restaurants and bars, live music venues, movie theaters, and more.
Can you see yourself having fun in Jacksonville?
Jacksonville is a city brimming with fun things to do. We’ve gathered our favorite activities from the area, having broken them down into categories for easy browsing.
- Fun Things To Do In Jacksonville For Kids: There are so many fun things to do in Jacksonville for kids — it’s hard to choose just one! If you’re looking for family-friendly activities, try the following:
- Visit the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens (located at 12320 Deerwood Park Blvd.) which houses over 1,100 animals representing more than 200 species. You can even see hippos! There are also gardens onsite if you want to learn more about plants or just relax while your kid plays in the foamy water of a Koi pond.
- Fun Things To Do In Jacksonville For Adults: When you’re ready to have some adult fun while visiting the Sunshine State’s capital city, check out these spots:
- Head over to Five Points Live (located at 930 E Bay St). This entertainment district offers live music every night of the week as well as several restaurants and bars within walking distance of each other — so no need for driving after enjoying some drinks! Additionally, there will be special events happening here such as comedy shows hosted by comics from around Florida including Sebastian Maniscalco who has sold out arenas across North America multiple times now including Madison Square Garden back when he was just starting his career! It’ll be something worth checking out if nothing else than seeing someone famous live up close like this before they become too big.”
I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I did writing it. There are so many fun things to do in Jacksonville, Florida and it’s a great place for people of all ages. Whether it’s the United States Naval Museum, Riverside Arts Market, or Adventure Landing Waterpark Jacksonville Beach; there’s something for everyone! If you like what you see here then don’t forget about the other articles on our website