Orange County has a reputation for being the land of suburban sprawl and endless strip malls, but don’t let that fool you. The county also has some of Southern California’s most beautiful beaches, excellent spots to hike and bike, top-notch museums, art galleries, and much more. So if you’re looking for exciting things to do in Orange County California, here are our top picks:
Orange county lifestyle section
If you’re looking for a fun day out with the kids, there are plenty of great options in Orange County. From theme parks to museums and sports clubs, this list will help you find something they’ll love.
- Disneyland: If your children love Disney movies and characters (and who doesn’t?), then heading over to Disneyland is a must. They can meet their favorite characters from movies such as Toy Story and Frozen at their respective themed areas within the park, plus enjoy rides like ‘Pirates of the Caribbean'(a ride based on the classic movie franchise). It’s not cheap though—one adult ticket costs $135 on its own!
- Legoland California: This indoor waterpark features more than 30 LEGO creations for visitors to explore including an underwater world made up entirely of LEGO bricks! There’s also an interactive arcade where kids can play games using their favorite characters from movies like Star Wars or Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. Adult admission costs $60 while children under four years old get in free!
- Newport Aquarium: You’ll find over 7 million gallons worth of marine life here which includes penguins; piranhas; stingrays; sea turtles; sharks and many more creatures native to Southern California waters (including Northern Pacific gray whales). To learn more about what species call home at this aquarium checks out our blog post written by one of our scientists who works there every day called ‘What Can You See?
Learn to surf
Go surfing. Surfing is a great way to get active and spend time with friends, but it’s also a fun way to get some sun and exercise. There are surf lessons available in many locations all over Orange County, so you can try them out for yourself.
If you’re not sure where to begin or what gear will work best for you, there are plenty of places that offer rentals as well as lessons from highly qualified instructors who’ll help get you started on the right foot (or board).
Art galleries are a great way to get a taste of Orange County’s vibrant art scene. With several hundred artists and galleries in the area, there’s something for everyone—from local artists who paint landscapes inspired by nature or abstract art that borders on surrealism, to those whose styles range from pop art to impressionism.
You can find information about upcoming exhibits at the OC Fair & Event Center (OCFEC) or Arts District in Santa Ana, which is also home to an outdoor sculpture garden depicting scenes from George Orwell’s novel 1984. If you’re interested in learning more about art, these museums offer classes and lectures as well as guided tours:
- Laguna Art Museum
- Newport Harbor Art Museum
Sports clubs are a great way to meet new people and stay in shape. The following are some of the top sports clubs in OC:
- Orange County Bicycle Club
- Surfing Santa Ana Mountains (SSAM)
- Orange County Karate Academy
Parks are great places to relax, have fun, and exercise. They’re also a great way to meet new people and engage with the community. The county boasts over 100 parks, ranging from small neighborhood parks to larger theme parks like Disneyland.
You can also find many other amenities at Orange County’s parks such as playgrounds, picnic areas, and facilities for sports or recreation activities such as tennis courts or soccer fields. Some of these facilities include parking lots so you don’t need your car if you want to catch up on some yoga at the beach!
Things to do with the family
If you’re looking for family-friendly activities in Orange County, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got everything you need to plan an awesome trip with your kids!
- Family-Friendly Attractions: The OC is home to some of the biggest theme parks in California. From Knott’s Berry Farm, SeaWorld San Diego, and Disneyland Resort Anaheim (California Adventure), there are plenty of options for families who want to visit a park together. If your kids are more into nature than roller coasters, then check out some of our favorite places to hike with kids in Orange County.
- Family-Friendly Restaurants: We have a ton of family-friendly restaurants here as well! Check out our list where we highlight some of our favorites including Pizza Hut Park and Sweet Factory Ice Cream Shop which both offer family fun dining experiences where everyone can enjoy their meal together.
- Family Friendly Hotels: When it comes time to book your hotel stay during your stay in Orange County there are many options depending on how much money you want to spend per night or what amenities are important for your next trip! In general, we recommend staying at one near Disneyland or other major attractions so that way they don’t have far drive when going there each day before returning home later on during their vacation period.”
- The Orange County Museum of Art
- The Bowers Museum
- The Discovery Science Center
- The Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
Things to do on a budget
If you’re looking to save a few bucks, there are still plenty of things to do in Orange County that won’t break the bank. Here are some ideas:
- Visit one of the local wineries and taste some wine for free! If you’re looking for something fun and affordable, visit one of Orange County’s many wineries and sample their wines without paying anything. Just make sure that you don’t drive drunk; it’s not worth it!
- Go hiking! There are plenty of trails available for hikers around Orange County California, so if hiking is your thing then this is probably one of the best ways to spend your time here without spending too much money. Just remember that many trailheads require reservations ahead of time so make sure not only to plan ahead but also always have enough water on hand before heading out into nature (and maybe even take along some snacks).
There are lots of things to do in OC
Welcome to Orange County, California. Here, you’ll find a place that’s both urban and rural, with plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors. There are tons of things to do in Orange County—it’s a great place to live or visit!
As you can see, the Orange County lifestyle is very adventurous! There are many things to do in Orange County and if you ever find yourself bored, there’s always something new to try out. So get out there and enjoy all that OC has to offer!